A Plan For You!
In order to meet your campus dining needs, we have designed new and exciting meal plans for you. These options will give you the freedom to fit great meals into your busy schedule. You can dine when you want and as often as you like. Each meal plan offers a variety of dining options satisfying varied dietary requirements, personal tastes and individual schedules. Whichever one you choose, you know you are getting excellent meals at a terrific value.
Freshmen & Sophomores
All freshman and sophomore students living in one
Juniors & Seniors
Juniors and seniors living in one of the University’s residence halls are required to participate in a meal plan. This year, the 14 + 100 Meal Plan is the standard meal plan into which all students are enrolled. You may change your plan during the first full week of classes each semester by visiting www.fairfield.edu/mealplan. Besides the unlimited meal plan described above, juniors and seniors may choose the following option:
Commuters, Apartment and Townhouse Residents, Off-Campus Boarders
Students who are classified by the Office of Residence Life as commuters, residents of the townhouses or apartments (Dolan Hall, 47 Mahan Road, and 51 McInnes Road), or off-campus boarders may participate in one of the meal plans below, as well as the 14, Unlimited, or 7 Meal Plans. Participation in any meal plan is optional and the price is not included in the townhouse or apartment fees.
How do I Sign Up for a Meal Plan?
· For resident students who would like to remain in the 14 Meal Plan, there is nothing more to do; they are automatically enrolled in the 14 Meal Plan.
· If students would like to select either the Unlimited or 7 Meal Plan, or to purchase the 40 or 65 block plans, please visit www.fairfield.edu/mealplan. Login with your NetID and password and follow the prompts. The Meal Plan change site is available through the first two weeks of each semester.
How do I Access My Meal Plan or Dining Dollars?
Simply present your StagCard to the cashier upon entering the Main Dining Room; the StagCard system will automatically deduct a meal from your allotment. Please tell the cashier if you intend to use Dining Dollars or a Guest Meal.
Participants in the 14, Unlimited, and 7 Meal Plans are each given two Guest Meals per semester. Guest Meals allow students to treat a friend or family member to any of the meals served in the Main Dining Room. Guest Meals do not carry over to the next semester.
Important Facts for All Meal Plans
Students can eat and drink as much or as little as they would like at every meal in the Main Dining Room. Please note that extra food and beverages, as well as plates, utensils, cups, and other serving items cannot be removed from the Main Dining Room for any reason.
· Can only be used in facilities operated by Fairfield University Dining Services (Sodexo)
· Do not carry over to the next semester or academic year
· There is no credit for unused Dining Dollars
· Weekly board meals (7 or 14 Meal Plans) are good only for the week they are issued and do not carry forward to the next week. There is no credit for unused meals.
· Semester board meals (40 and 65 Meal Plans) are good only for the semester they are issued and do not carry forward to the next semester. There is no credit for unused meals.
· Weekly, Unlimited, Block, and Guest Meals can only be used in the Main Dining Room of the Barone Campus Center.
Dining Dollars versus StagBucks:
· The value in the Dining Dollars account comes as part of a meal plan and can only be used in Fairfield University Dining Services (Sodexo) locations. Any remaining balance expires at the end of the semester and does not carry forward to any future semester.
· StagBucks is a declining-balance debit account to which a cardholder adds funds. These funds do not expire and carry forward until they are spent or the student graduates. StagBucks can be used at many different locations both on and off campus, and can be added online at www.stagcardonline.com. See www.fairfield.edu/stagcard for more information.
· Once the Dining Dollars account is empty, the StagCard system will automatically charge the StagBucks account provided funds are available. The StagCard system will always charge Dining Dollars first.
• Students can check Meal Plan, Dining Dollars, StagBucks, and other balances online at www.stagcardonline.com. Students’ remaining balance also appears each time they use their card.
· In order to utilize the meal plan, students must present their StagCard to the cashier. If their StagCard has been lost, they will need to visit the StagCard Office to purchase a new card. Outside of business hours, a temporary card may be obtained at the Department of Public Safety in Loyola Hall.
· The StagCard and its related services (Meal Plans, Dining Dollars, etc.) are not transferable to anyone else. Misusing a StagCard may result in a fine and referral to the Dean of Students.
Lost or Stolen StagCards:
· Students can deactivate (and reactivate) a lost StagCard on www.stagcardonline.com or in the Department of Public Safety 24 hours per day, or by visiting the StagCard Office during business hours.
· The University is not responsible for any loss as a result of a misused StagCard.
• Students are welcome to bring a friend or family member for any meal. Students can use Guest Meals, cash, Dining Dollars, or StagBucks. Prices are only applicable in the Main Dining Room.
Breakfast: $8 Brunch/Lunch: $12 Dinner: $14
In This Section
- Meal Plans
- Account Manager
Purchase or change a Meal Plan online.
- StagCard Online
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dining Policies & Procedures
How about a slice of pizza from the Snack Bar or bringing a friend to dinner at the dining hall?
The StagBucks account program enables you to supplement your meal plan with extra purchasing power for occasions just like these.
You can open your StagBucks account by making a deposit, and you can increase your balance as often as you like by visiting the value transfer stations located in the Barone Campus Center and the DiMenna-Nyselius Library, by visiting the StagCard Office, or the online card office, www.stagcardonline.com.
You'll never have to worry about not having enough cash in hand to pay for that snack-attack, just present your card at any on-campus dining facility.
StagBucks may be used to make purchases at the Barone Snack Bar, Barone Campus Center Main Dining Room, Jazzman's Café, and the Canisius Coffee Bar.
If you've lost cash, it's gone. If you lose your StagCard, it will be voided immediately upon notification with the StagCard Office, x4009, or on-line at www.stagcardonline.com.
StagBucks Cash Account provides an easier way to budget your food dollars. To assist you in keeping track of the money left in your account, a balance displays each time you make a purchase.
StagBucks Cash Account is good for food purchases the entire academic year with 100% carry-over form the first to the second semester. Funds in the Cash Account plan not used during the academic year will be carried over to the next academic year.
Your dining experience is more than great food. It is community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility. Our team is committed to creating the best possible dining experience. Join us to experience the comfort, convenience, outstanding food and inviting atmosphere designed especially for you.